Celebrating Women’s month March 2021 was this article from thatsmags.com. I believe the site is not in the United States (probably on mainland China) and the link has been very slow to load on my home ISP. I therefore (with moderate effort) took images of the site and combined them to make reading more accessible for those in the United States. The hyperlink below is the URL to the site and our users can view the site itself. ~dj MAR2021
After many presentations on Chinese history like WW2, Nightclubs, Chinese New Year, we decided to return back to our basics of genealogy/family history techniques.
First in our series is Kelly Summers 2 parts on evaluating census records. Because of the personal relationship Gail has with Kelly during both a China visit and Henry Tom seminar, we were able to secure what normally is a fee based course Kelly wanted to contribute her part as a member of BACGG and supports out work. Kelly tailored her talk to our orientation on Chinese American family history. Kelly is an excellent teacher and explains well the nuances of using Vital Statistics. I would recommend commissioning if you need help finding your relatives whereabouts using the census reporting.
Session 1 was Zoomed on 12/2 for – Census Research training.
Session 2 was Zoomed on 12/16 for – Vital Statistic Research training.
About Kelly Summers 夏開理 email@example.com
- Accredited Genealogist® – US Midwest, US Pacific, Spain, Mexico
- Brigham Young University, Adjunct Faculty, Family History
- Utah Genealogical Association, Board of Directors, President 2017-2021
- Salt Lake Community College, Genealogy Program Instructor
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Chinese Genealogy Course Coordinator & Instructor 2020
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG) Virtual, Chinese Genealogy Course Coordinator & Instructor, Fall 2021
The ICAPGenSM service mark and the Accredited Genealogist® and AG® are registered marks of the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists.
Because this was our first non Webinar meeting, we limited invitations in order to do a proof-of-concept trial. The meeting was a success with 9/9 responders to the poll stating they had learned new research tips from Kelly.
Thank you Gail and Kelly.
addendum: handouts pending (Jan 14)