MEMBERSHIP SUPPORT OPTION$ suggested $25 for 2021
The name Douglas Joe, BACGG Planning Committee member and former bookkeeper, may display as primary holder and originator of the below accounts.
- …Generally free depending on your choice of funding… PayPal® BACGG payment link
- …Generally free depending on your choice of funding. Contact us at email@example.com and we will send you a Venmo request if you like… Venmo® payment link…..Venmo® payee ID: @BACGG-Bank….Below is the Venmo QR code:
- …Almost always free…To be extra cautious, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will email or text you a request for due payment. You can respond directly…. How to use your bank’s Zelle® faq …..BACGG’s Zelle® payee ID: email@example.com
- …Generally free depending on your choice of funding… How to use Apple Pay® faq …..use your iMessage® payment to 415-297-4464
- …Generally free depending on your choice of funding… Google Pay® payment link …..BACGG.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address to send checks: c/o BACGG, 4391 26th St., San Francisco, CA, 94131-1809
please write your email address on the check. We operate virtually and efficiently. Therefore we contact our members via email.
- At pre-Covid gatherings: cash or checks to any planning committee member (remember to receive a receipt)
Our group formed in early 2019, with a common interest in Chinese American Genealogy. We are not a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization; therefore, support/membership fees are not tax deductible.Thank you for supporting BACGG.
To ensure we offer full transparency to membership dues, we have put the following fiscal checks and balances in place:
Volunteer Auditor. A volunteer member has full disclosure of the books every month, as with the Planning Committee.
Separation of Deposits and Withdraws. Only two Planning Committee members can deposit funds (Gail Chong and Jeannie Young). Two different Committee members only have rights to withdraw funds (Ron Chan and Doug Joe).
Committee Approval Required to Spend. Expenses less than $24.99 do not require committee approval, but all must be notified. Expenses more than $25 requires committee majority vote.
Joint Account. Our savings account is managed by two people. Doug Joe, our Treasurer and IT Director, and Ron Chan, the Executive Director. Once the Executive Director and/or Treasurer is replaced, their signatories will be removed.
Quickbook’s Best Practices. All accounting will be done using Quickbook to ensure standard accounting practices, which includes tracking membership dues and expenses on a line item basis.
It is rare in any organization the membership votes to choose what their membership donation should be. In the 2020 survey, 80% of you voted you are willing to support BACGG with a membership of $5 per meeting (5 meetings annually). These dues will help support BACGG’s rocket raise in membership from our original 10 just six meetings ago, to now over 100 members … all resulting from an organic word of mouth. No advertising, no recruitment.
Thank you for understanding that it does cost money for web site hosting and domain name acquisition, office / cleanup / potluck supplies, signage, support quality speakers with small “thank you” honorariums, and more. In 2019 this financial burden was shouldered by a very, very few people. Thank you for sharing this cost we can continue to grow to meet your family history needs. We remain 100% volunteers driven.